Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I'm rich too!


From the Apple

For the past six years I have wondered if Courtney just thought that money grows on trees. It seems that her years in college were just one expense after another. The fact that she actually has a job now and will be paying her own bills is almost too good to believe. No more bi-weekly allowance. No more rent and electricity. No more car payment and insurance. No more paying her medical, vision, dental (which means mine is "free" since I no longer have to claim "family" to cover her). No more tuition and books. That's not to say that Courtney didn't work on all of her vacations while she was going to school to buy Christmas presents or to pay for extras, but it meant that she has been totally dependent on her parents during her college years for the basics. Since she is the last of our two children, I realize that there really is a light at the end of this very long tunnel (we have had twelve consecutive years of college expenses). I am excited that Courtney feels rich (don't tell her how fleeting that feeling will be!) It's a good feeling to know that no matter what happens your daughter is equipped to take care of herself. A college education is something that can never be taken away. It really is a good feeling. I think I'm the one that is really rich!

No comments:

Post a Comment