Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Team

From the Star

So the year is coming to an end and I have really grown to love my team and the support that they have given me throughout the year. I know I sometimes talked about the struggles and the hard times of working with a team, but I can honestly say that I have found a friendship and great respect for all of the members on my team. My advice for those that are new to the teaching game and have to work with a team where you feel like an outsider - Don't give up. Keep trying. They will let you in. Show them that you want to be a part of the team. You may think. well, why should I have to do all the work but once they see you want to be there and you are willing to give, the return is amazing. When you are part of a team it is a great feeling. They have been there for me at all times, no matter if it's personal or work related. They were there to lift me up and lend a hand.


As the year comes to an end I must say goodbye to my extraordinary team... but not forever... just until next year. Yes, after all is said and done, I get to stay at my school after all. I could not be more excited! There is one catch. I am leaving my team and going to join a new team right across the way. I will join a primary multi-age team. I am really excited, because I have always felt that I am a primary teacher instead of an intermediate teacher. While I am so glad to have had this intermediate experience, it has just confirmed to me that my heart belongs to primary. I am ready for my new journey to begin! Things work out the way they do for a reason and I believe something good comes from every situation. So course, sometimes you just have to be patient and wait. I hope you all have a great rest of the year!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations. I am excited for you that you not only get to stay at your school but that you also get to move to your preferred grade level. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete