Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back to School


From the Star

So, for all of you who have not heard the news, I am back at school at the same Elementary School from last year where I am again teaching intermediate 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades. If you are thinking "What?" in your head - That was the same thing that I was thinking when I heard the news. I had expected a primary classroom and even passed up a move to anew school because i thought I had been assured that it would happen... But, now that the initial shock is over and the new year has begun, I am super excited. Also, I am on a new team this year where there are five teachers in the POD and two of the teachers are new to my school this year. I can already tell that this team is going to be super organized which is awesome and they seem to be super helpful already. Of course the year has just begun but I already have a good feeling about this year. Probably the most exciting news is that I only have 14 students enrolled in my class!! It doesn't get much better than that. Just think about all of that time I'll have to work with the children individually and in small groups.

We started the year with a back to school meeting. Sadly, we are no longer an "A" school although we did make AYP. You can imagine how our meeting went. I'm sure that you can figure out most of the details. Data... Interventions... Where do we go from here? Well it may have been a depressing meeting but it sure did let us know where we need to be and what we need to do to get there. I would have to say that the faculty is pretty determined to make any changes to bring us back to that "A" next year. It's going to be a journey but I am ready to let it begin.






I have attached some pictures to give you a tour of my new classroom. I'm using an ocean theme again this year. Till next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment